Welcome to Art Cards

Welcome! This Bloggazine is intended to introduce you to artists I know, from around the world, who are creating some awesome 2.5 x 3.5" works of Art. I want to share tutorials, news and events. If you would like to be featured, drop me a note and a link to your work, I'll do my best to fit you in. Do you have a tutorial you would like to share? Please let me know if you have any ATC events in your area, I would like to get that information out to people.

Little Girls - Alice Imekeppel

German artist Alice Imekeppel lives with her husband and young daughter. Alice speaks primarily German, therefore my interview with Alice will be in German as well as English.
I was drawn to Alices "little Girls" series, when I first came across her ATC's. Soon after our first few trades we became close on-line friends. Please take a look at her work; http://www.alices-wunderland.com
How long have you been making ATC's?
German:
Gute Frage. Ich glaube ich mache das jetzt 2 Jahre schon. Gestern habe ich meine 500ste Karte gemalt und es ist kein Ende in Sicht.
Good question. I think it's been about 2 years. Yesterday I painted my 500th card and there is no end in sight.
You have a very whimsical style, have you always drawn this way?
German:
Anfangs habe ich immer versucht wie andere Künstler zu malen. Aber den Bildern fehlte immer etwas. Irgendwann habe ich dann versucht meinen eigenen Stil zu finden. Zuerst war ich nicht begeistert und musste mich erst damit anfreunden weil ich immer noch die Bilder anderer Künstler im Kopf hatte. Mit der Zeit habe ich aber immer mehr Zuspruch von anderen bekommen so dass ich weiter gemacht habe. Inzwischen liebe ich meine eigene Art zu zeichnen, weil ich finde das sie sich gut von anderen abhebt und man mich in den Bildern wieder erkennt. Außerdem leben meine Figuren jetzt. Das ist das wichtigste.
At first I always tried to paint like other artists. But the images still lacked something. Eventually, I tried to find my own style. At first I was not impressed, because I still had the images of other artists in my head. Over time, however, I have received increasing support from others, which inspired me to do more. Meanwhile, I love my own way of drawing, because I think that it is different from others and I recognize myself in the pictures. Also, my characters are living now. This is the most important thing.
My favorites are the little girl series that you do, how long have you been drawing those?
German:
Ah meine kleinen Mädchen! Ich liebe sie auch! Diese male ich noch gar nicht so lange. Ich schätze ungefähr seit 4 Monaten?
Ah, my little girls! I love them too! I haven't been making them very long. I guess about 4 months?
What tools do you use to draw with?

Zuerst arbeite ich mit Bleistift. Für die Outlines benutze ich dann einen einfachen schwarzen Fineliner. Bei bestimmten Bildern mache ich die Outlines 
auch bunt. Meistens arbeite ich mit Copic Ciaos (die 
sind billiger als die Copic Marker). Momentan probiere ich mit Aquarell zu arbeiten.
First, I work in pencil. For the outlines I then use a simple black Fineliner. In some images I make the outlines colorful. Mostly I work with Copic Ciaos (https://icopic.com/ which are cheaper than the Copic markers). Currently I'm trying to work with watercolors.
Is there something that you would like to try artistically, that you haven't yet?
German:
Ich würde sehr gerne einmal mit Airbrush arbeiten. Leider ist die Anschaffung ziemlich teuer und bleibt deshalb erstmal nur ein Wunsch. Was mich ebenfalls fasziniert ist das arbeiten mit Öl. Als ich das erste Mal "Bob Ross" gesehen habe und seine tollen Landschaften würde ich das auch gern ausprobieren.
I would be happy to work again with airbrush. Unfortunately, the acquisition is rather expensive and thus remain only a wish. What also fascinates me is working with oil. When I first saw "Bob Ross" and its extraordinary landscapes I really wanted to try it.
Tell me about your collection (other artists cards that you have traded for) how many cards do you have? How do you keep them?
German:
Ich glaube ich habe eine ziemlich große Sammlung. Ich habe von einigen Künstlern 3 bis 4 Karten weil ich von denen nicht genug bekommen kann. Teilweise habe ich meine Karten auch nach Themen geordnet. Besonders groß ist da meine Katzen und Vogelsammlung. Wenn ich schätzen müsste wieviele Karten ich momentan habe würde ich ungefähr 500 sagen obwohl das bestimmt zu wenig ist. Ich sammel die Karten in einem normalen Ordner. In diesem Ordner habe ich sowas wie eine Folie die extra für Sammelkarten ist.
I think I have a fairly large collection. I have a few artists 3 to 4 cards because I can not get enough of them. Sometimes I have ordered my cards in chunks. I have a particularly great  cat and bird collection. If I had to  guess how many cards I have right now I would say about 500 although too little is determined. I collect the cards in a normal folder. In this folder I have something like a slide, the extra is for trading cards.

1 comments:

  1. Georgina Ragazza says

    Alice's artwork is GORGEOUS and I am the very proud owner of one of her beautiful ATCs, so a very deserved feature on a talented and lovely artist.


Post a Comment

Caterpillar Dreams

Caterpillar Dreams